Lasts 30 Days
Start killing fleas and ticks on your cat in 15 minutes! From The Makers of CAPSTAR® (nitenpyram), NextStar™ Flea & Tick Topical for Cats formula, previously sold by vets, is available online and in stores without a prescription. Reapply monthly for year-round protection against fleas, ticks, chewing lice, flea eggs, flea larvae, and flea pupae.
What does this product kill?This product provides 7-way control to kill:
- Chewing lice
- Flea larvae
- Flea eggs
- Prevents the development of flea pupae
How does this product work?This product combines three active ingredients:
Fipronil attacks flea and ticks’ nervous systems – paralyzing and killing them
Etofenprox is a synthetic pyrethroid-like substance that attacks flea and ticks’ nervous systems-paralyzing and killing them
(S)-methoprene is an insect growth regulator (IGR) that prevents flea eggs and larvae from maturing to adults
This combination plays a crucial role in existing infestations, because:
Only 5% are adult fleas. The other 95% are fleas that are in the immature stage. The immature flea lifecycle stages include flea eggs, larvae, and flea pupae. At this point, you may not be able to see the fleas.
How do these products spread over a pet’s body? How long does this take?This product is topical only and is dispersed over your furry family member's body by the natural oils on their skin and attaches to the hair follicle. This process can take up to 24 hours.
How long will it take for this product to begin to work?The product should begin to kill fleas and ticks within 15 minutes.
It’s been over 15 minutes and I’m seeing fleas/ticks. Is the product not working?This will kill fleas on the pet, but not those that are in the bedding, carpets, or yard. It will also kill flea eggs and larvae on the pet, thus preventing them from multiplying there. Fleas only spend 20% of their life on the host animal, so proper cleaning and treating of the pet’s environment (bedding, carpets, kennel, yard) is necessary. We recommend that you replace or treat your pet’s bedding and treat your carpets and yard with products that will kill fleas in those areas.
Will this kill fleas and ticks beyond 15 minutes?Yes, NextStar™ is both fast-acting and long-lasting against fleas and ticks. This topical formula starts working to kill fleas and ticks within 15 minutes for cats and continues to provide lasting protection against the reinfestation of fleas, ticks, chewing lice, mosquitoes, flea larvae, flea eggs and flea pupae for up to 30 days.
HOW TO APPLY:
- HOLD YOUR CAT: While holding the cat with one hand, use the other hand to apply the solution.
- CUT: Use scissors to cut off the narrow end at the notches along the line.
- PART HAIR: Invert the tube and use the narrow end to part the cat’s hair.
- APPLY: Apply contents of one tube of this product directly to the skin from the neck to the shoulder blades.
- LET DRY: Allow the solution a few seconds to be absorbed into the cat’s coat. Keep your pet dry and away from other pets for 24 hours.