NextStar™ Flea & Tick Topical for Dogs
Start killing fleas and ticks on your dog in 5 minutes with the fastest flea and tick topical available.1 From The Makers of CAPSTAR® (nitenpyram), NextStar™ Flea & Tick Topical for Dogs formula, previously sold by vets, is available online and in stores without a prescription. Reapply monthly for year-round protection against fleas, ticks, chewing lice, flea eggs, flea larvae, and flea pupae.
HOW TO APPLY:
- HOLD: Hold the tube with the notched end pointing up and away from the face and body.
- CUT: Use scissors to cut off the narrow end at the notches along the line.
- PART HAIR: Invert tube over dog and use open end to part dog’s hair.
- APPLY: Squeeze tube firmly to apply all the solution between the dog’s shoulder blades down the middle of the dog’s back.
Do not apply the topical near the dog’s tail. Keep your pet dry and away from other pets for 24 hours.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does this product kill?
This product provides 7-way control to kill:
- Chewing lice
- Flea larvae
- Flea eggs
- Prevents the development of flea pupae
How does this product work?
This product combines three active ingredients:
- Fipronil attacks flea and ticks’ nervous systems – paralyzing and ultimately killing them
- Cyphenothrin is a synthetic pyrethroid-like substance that attacks flea and ticks’ nervous systems-paralyzing and killing them
- (S)-methoprene is an insect growth regulator (IGR) that prevents flea eggs and larvae from maturing to adults
This combination plays a crucial role in existing infestations, because:
- Only 5% of active flea infestation in your home or on your pet are adult fleas.
- The other 95% of the fleas are in the immature flea life stages: eggs, larvae, and pupae. They are almost invisible to the naked eye.
How do these products spread over a pet’s body? How long does this take?
This product is topical only and is dispersed over your dog’s body by the natural oils on their skin and attaches to the hair follicle. This process can take up to 24 hours.
How long will it take for this product to begin to work?
The product should begin to kill fleas and ticks within 5 minutes.
It’s been over 5 minutes and I’m seeing fleas/ticks. Is the product not working?
This will kill fleas on the pet, but not those that are in the bedding, carpets, or yard. It will also kill flea eggs and larvae on the pet, thus preventing them from multiplying there. Fleas only spend 20% of their life on the host animal, so proper cleaning and treating of the pet’s environment (bedding, carpets, kennel, yard) is necessary. We recommend that you replace or treat your pet’s bedding and treat your carpets and yard with products that will kill fleas in those areas.
Will this kill fleas and ticks beyond 5 minutes?
Yes, NextStar™ is both fast-acting and long-lasting against fleas and ticks. This topical formula starts working to kill fleas and ticks within 5 minutes for dogs and continues to provide lasting protection against the reinfestation of fleas, ticks, chewing lice, mosquitoes, flea larvae, flea eggs and flea pupae for up to 30 days.
- Fastest killing comparison for dog formula only. Based on label claims for NextStar™ Flea & Tick Topical for Dogs and other leading dog topical brands. Data on file.